Note: Software version 3.34 is identical to version 3.33 except for a single correction. Click
here for more.
Home Automation Integration
DSX home Automation Integration allows a DSX telephone to control the features of a connected HAI Home Automation
System. Click here for more.
SIP Trunking is now available. To review the current list of compatible SIP Trunk providers and download the
latest Setup Guides, click here.
Direct Inward Dialing Translate to System Speed Dial
The DID Translation Table destinations can now be set to a System Speed Dial bin (Line or Line Group). For example,
to have an incoming DID seize a line and dial an outside call:
- In Lines: DID: Setup: Translations (3302-01), for Day Translation enter dialable Speed
Dial code (e.g., #201 for System Speed Dial 1).
- In System: Speed Dial: Assignment (1702), set Type to either Line or Line
Group. For Number enter the outside number you want the System Speed Dial entry to dial.
- Enable Lines: Config: Setup: Settings: Tandem Calls (3103-04) as required for your lines.
When a DID call rings into the system, it will translate to the System Speed Dial entry which will then seize
a line and dial the stored number.
IntraMail: Auto Play Messages
Auto Play Messages allows the subscriber to log into their mailbox and listen to their new messages, in order,
without pressing any additional keys or dialing digits. This is a benefit for mobile users retrieving the messages
remotely. After logging into their mailbox, the remote subscriber can just stay on the line and hear their new
messages play one after the other. The subscriber can interrupt Auto Play at any time and handle their messages
Auto Play Messages follows the mailbox Auto Erase or Save setting. For example, if the mailbox has Auto Erase
enabled, each new message is automatically deleted after it has been reviewed. With Auto Save enabled, each new
message is automatically saved after it has been reviewed. In either case, if the subscriber hangs up after only
partially reviewing a message, the message will be left as new.
To use the Auto Play option:
OP (67) [Mbox Options] - Access the Mailbox Options menu.
AP (27) [Auto Play] - Go to the Auto Play Messages menu.
O (6) - Change (toggle) the Auto Play Messages setting.
IntraMail: Message Playback Order Option
After logging into their mailbox, the subscriber can change their Message Playback Order. The choices are LIFO
(last-in-first-out) or FIFO (first-in-first-out). LIFO plays the newest messages first. FIFO plays the oldest
To use the Message Playback Order option:
OP (67) [Mbox Options] - Access the Mailbox Options menu.
1 [Playback Order] - Go to the Playback Order menu.
O (6) - Change (toggle) the Playback Order setting.
This option was previously available only via system programming or the Phone Manager.
IntraMail: Message Disposition
If a subscriber has Email Integration enabled for their mailbox, the system can automatically dispose of a new
message when the email is sent. The Message Disposition options are:
- None = The message is left as a new message in the mailbox until the user logs in and handles it.
- Save When Sent = The new message is saved in the user's mailbox as soon as DSX sends the email to
the specified recipient.
- Erase When Sent = The new message is erased from the user's mailbox as soon as DSX sends the email
to the specified recipient.
- Sync When Read = Currently not available.
The Message Disposition options are set in Stations: Config: IntraMail Pro: Email Notification: Message
MAC Address Display
To aid in router setup, the system's MAC address is available from the System Administrator and from the telephone.
- In the System Administrator, go to System: Config: Communication: Ethernet.
- From the telephone, press CHECK + DND. The MAC address is shown on the
second line of the display.
In prior software versions, the MAC address was only available from the label on the CPU card.
If an extension has a Page key, the user can press the flashing key during a page to talk to the page initiator.
If the Page recipient's Class of Service allows access to the Page zone, pressing the flashing key sets up an
Intercom call with the extension making the Page. It is no longer necessary to manually call the person back
or use the Meet Me Conference feature.
Paging Answer does not apply to the IntraMail Park and Page feature.
SIP Trunking: Inbound SIP Trunk Rotaries
DSX SIP Trunking now supports inbound loop start trunk rotaries. This allows a service with a single registered
number and multiple simultaneous connections to support multiple lines in the DSX. Each line supports separate
incoming or outgoing connection and each line can be used simultaneously. To set this up:
- Set up the provider normally according to the instructions in the appropriate Setup Guide.
- In Lines: Config: Setup: Type (3101-01), set each line for Loop Start.
- In Lines: Config: Setup: Phone Number (3101-07), enter the same registered telephone number for
Inbound SIP Trunk Rotaries are not available for providers that use a Per Line registration model.
SIP Trunking: NAT Learning
NAT Learning allows the DSX to automatically learn the WAN IP address of the router to which the system is connected.
This improves SIP Trunking compatibility with sites that don't have a fixed IP address. In most cases, an entry
in System: Config: Communication: Ethernet: WAN Address (1104-09) is no longer required. Please be aware
of the following:
- An entry in System: Config: Communication: Ethernet: WAN Address (1104-09) is still required for
Windstream, ATC, and CommPartners.
- Many providers using the Common Mode registration model still require a fixed IP address at the DSX location
for security reasons. Check with your provider.
The outside temperature can optionally be displayed on the first line of the telephone display. The temperature
is obtained from the National Weather Service (based on the site's Zip Code) or alternatively from the connected
Home Automation System. To set up Temperature Display:
- In System: Config: Setup: Identification: Zip Code (1011-04), enter the local Zip Code for the installation
- In System: Options: Setup: Display: Show Temperature (1511-03), show the outside temperature on
the telephone display. The options are:
- 0 = Disabled
- 1 = Internet (DSX uses the Zip Code entry to obtain the local temperature from the internet.)
- 2 = Automation (DSX uses the connected Home Automation System to obtain the local temperature.)
- In System: Options: Setup: Display: Temperature Units (1511-03), select the unit of measure when
the temperature is shown on the telephone display. The options are:
- 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 (Degrees Celsius
The system updates the temperature every 5 minutes.
VoIP: Immunity to User-Friendly Scanning Agents
Immunity to malicious SIP port scanning from User-Friendly Agents such as SIP Vicious is improved.
DSX-40 Resets Corrected
A correction has been made to prevent DSX-40 systems from inadvertently resetting. If you have installed version
3.32 on a DSX-40, we strongly recommend that you update to version 3.33.
The software update process has been modified to prevent a failed Ethernet Update from rendering the system
Additional Software Corrections
- Call Forwarding
- Correct handling of Call Forwarding codes at a single line extension (Ref. F110512001).
- Correct MENU key programming for Call Forwarding Line at a keyset (Ref. F110512002).
- Don't allow Call Forward to be set to Undefined Destination.
- Conversation Record
- Conversation Record Caller ID is corrected
- Department Groups
- Call Overflowing from Department Group to voice mail now sent as RNA from original destination instead
of busy from Department Group
- Direct Inward Dialing
- Allow DID Calls to a Ring Group.
- Directory Dialing
- Directory Dialing was ignoring Forced Unscreened Transfer setting.
- Email Notification
- A change has been made to Email Notification to ensure the proper HTML rendering when using Gmail.
- Find Me Follow Me
- Find Me Follow Me available for Department Groups (Group Mailboxes).
- Find Me Follow Me available to an internal extension
- Group Call Pickup
- Fixed a system crash when using Pickup Group 8.
- Modify "Intercom Hold" so recall does not forward or overflow.
- Language Selection
- Pressing CHECK + HOLD for System Version info crashed if phone set for Spanish.
- Leaving a Message
- Allow Re-Recording of a message that was not recorded because it was too short.
- Message Count Display
- Modify IntraMail Message Waiting count update mechanism so it remains valid when user is in the mailbox
- Message Notification
- Message Notification available for Department Groups
- When Page is in Progress, phone goes off hook and cuts off audio (Ref: F101201001).
- Primary Rate Interface
- Pressing a second loop key after setup but before talk or after Disconnect with Cause allowed.
- Selectable Display Message
- Dialing 0 for Selectable Display Message no longer resets the system.
- SIP Trunking
- (3.34) A DSX SIP call ringing longer than three minutes will automatically disconnect. In prior SIP Trunking
software versions, a DSX SIP call ringing longer than three minutes could
leave the SIP processes in an unstable condition.
- Improve performance of DTMF (both RFC2833 and inband).
- Improve performance of trunk registration algorithm.
- Connected properly functioning SIP Trunks will reliably recover and restart after a system reset, software
update, or power failure. The intermittent requirement to do an additional system application reset in System:
Reset (9001) is no longer necessary.
- An issue with Common Registration Mode SIP trunks disconnecting on answer is corrected.
- Significant improvements have been made in this software release to the way DSX handles Common Mode
registration and DNS. These enhancements increase the stability and overall performance of DSX SIP trunking
and further minimize the possibility of SIP Trunk related system resets.
- System Administrator
- Prevent time out on System Administrator operations that take longer than 30 seconds.
- When Reset clicked in the System Administrator, force commit of all changes to files before resetting.
- Copy function for all per station and per line programs restored.
- Maintain list of private IP’s when SIP stations register/deregister so correct contact information
can be sent.
- Send time update to all IP keysets so their local time is also correct.
- Allow Single Line Flash COS option to function for 3rd Party SIP phones as well as single line sets.
- Enabled flashing ":" in time on IP Keysets.
- RTP alarm beeps will no longer inadvertently play during stable connections.